CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 6, 2010

My own special fireplace!

My family likes to tease me whenever they get a chance.  I usually manage to make that happen quite a lot!

Our gas fireplace has not worked since the builder pulled out of the subdivision shortly after we bought the house seven years ago.  It is undersized and doesn't fit right, so until I get the money and inclination to have it replaced, we really only have a mantle with a bit of fake wood in it!

Occasionally I like to put candles inside to pretend we have a fireplace.  Yesterday I took the Princess home.  My son was sitting in his recliner enjoying a rolling fire in his fireplace.  It had been spotting some small snow flakes through out the day, and was very chilly.

I came home and decided to light some candles and put a tiny, tiny one in the fireplace.  (not much bigger than a votive actually!)  I sat down in my recliner with a nice warm blanket and did not give it another thought...then hubby came home from work.  See, the recliner is the only chair in the house that can't see the tv.

He saw that I was sitting there...in front of the 'fire' and told me I would probably freeze to death waiting for it to get warm!

Maybe, but it sure was pretty!

Nini

No comments: