CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 6, 2009

Computers!

UGHHHHHH!!!!


Sometimes I really hate computers. I cannot believe how attached I have become to them. For instance, take away my Internet and what do I do? I have withdrawal symptoms. Or, take away my favorite website and I have trouble functioning....

My favorite website/forum, MQR, has been experiencing some problems lately. We had a party on Monday to celebrate 2000 members. We tried to see how many members we could have online at once. Our previous record had been 50 something. On Monday, we reached 101 online at once and over 40 in the chat room at once. I guess we must have broken the site...since then we have had at least two days where the link to the site is broken...

Last night I was in the middle of reading something and went to the second page...and all I got was a broken link notice. So, like a complete nerdy type (or maybe an addict type) I kept going back to the site every 5 minutes trying to see if the link was 'fixed'. I finally went to bed at midnight. I got up at 6:30 this morning, and nope! Still broken!

So, here it is, 8am and still no MQR...I'll make it...one minute at a time (I started to say one day at a time, but I don't think I could make it a WHOLE DAY!!!!)

After all....I have to have my quilting fix!

Nini

2 comments:

Suzanne Earley said...

I'm sure you can only imagine how frustrated *I* am that MQR is still down....

We didn't actually break it on Monday -- the problem's the server has been having have actually been in place since the fall, it's just that THIS is the week when it all came to a head.

Wednesday it was down due to a hard drive failure, today it is down because it is undergoing an upgrade. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Jeanne Morris said...

I know we didn't REALLY break it....but I just thought it was kind of a random coincidence! If I were you I would not have any hair left...it would all be pulled out by now! In my previous life as the computer 'person' (way before IT people!)everyone would blame me if something went wrong with the 'puter...even if they were the one to decorate the side of the Server CPU with magnets!

I can only imagine how you are feeling...it is almost like your baby is sick! Hang in there...we'll be back with our fix soon!

Nini