CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 21, 2009

Alyssa!

As we sit here, it is hard not to think back two years ago! Two years ago we were not so patiently waiting for the Little Princess to make her appearance in this world. Now that she is here, it is hard to remember what life was like without her! She is the whole reason I had kids to start with...and even if I never have another grandchild, I will be satisfied.

She is not feeling very well right now. There is a nasty tummy thing going around right now, and she seems to have it. Not as bad as her mommy had it earlier this week, but enough to make her uncomfortable. We are trying to keep her away from milk right now...she has her cup full of Pedialyte. She obviously thinks we are being mean to her...but she does 'get it', or at least part of it.

We have been spelling M-I-L-K all morning. If she hears the word she starts screaming for it. Since she won't drink her pedialyte, I decided to give her a pop-cicle. At least it will be some liquid in her. Well, she looked at Miss B and Mr. D and said "I can't have milk, so I get a icicle!" Now, this was just after Miss B spelled M-I-L-K in a sentence! She knew exactly what we were spelling!

She is getting so smart, I think she will be ready for Kindergarten in another few weeks! She can't write the letters and numbers yet, but she is starting to know them on sight (still not quite there, but getting there) and is learning the sounds they make and is getting to be a pro at counting! She was just singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"...and then changed to "Jesus Loves me" in the middle of the song. Then she stopped and said "I not finish star..." and then went back to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"...almost from where she left off. She is showing she has a great memory!

Now, before anyone thinks I'm prejudice where she is concerned...well, I AM!!!

Nini


1 comment:

AmandaDickens said...

If you never get another grandchild you will be satisfied? Yeah... right...