CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 3, 2009

...Still sick

Why is it when you are sick... the dirt in your house bothers you more than any other time?

This pneumonia is kicking me in the pasta-deterior. I can't lay on the couch - because I see the rug needs to be vacuumed. I can't lay in bed - because I see the room needs to be painted. I can't be in the studio - because it is full of 'stuff' that needs to find a home. I can't be in the kitchen - well because it hasn't had a good cleaning in so long...

The floors need to be mopped, the laundry needs to be done, the dishes need to be washed, the dresses need to be sewn, the t-shirts need to be made...well, you get the drift!

We leave for Disney in 47 days...I have 57 days worth of stuff to do before we leave! If I ever get the time, I'll have to start making lists of what I can live without getting finished..the first thing on that list is making the kids custom, handmade autograph books. It is a really cute idea, and not too hard to get done, just very ink intensive. Of course getting them bound after they are finished is another added cost. Hard to justify when you can purchase a generic one for less than $5!

Between ink, paper and getting them bound - probably around $20 each to make! But boy would they ever be cute!

I see the same problem with making them journals...but I'm thinking I could wait until they get back to print them up. That way we could make them the basis for their scrap books. We could personalize them as we want to, and they could use the notes they write in their personal (generic) journals to add to the scrapbook.

I just finished making Damien his first custom outfit for Disney. Somehow the act of sewing for him has made the trip all the more real. I've made several dresses for the girls (in fact I have only one more to go to have theirs all done!) but this is the first one for Damien. It is just a pair of Easy Fit shorts (pattern from CarlaC at You Can Make This) and a t shirt with an appliqued Mickey head out of the same Tiger print fabric. They look so cute on him! I asked him if I could ad some ruffles to the bottom, and he said I could...but he wanted me to know he was a boy and not a girl!

So, today I do not have the Princess (she is visiting with her other Grandma) so I plan on getting the two A-Line dresses cut out and hopefully put together. Then I can concentrate on the gazillion and one T shirts to finish!

I'm trying to remember how this whole obsession with making their clothes for this trip got started anyway..... oh yeah now I remember! It was from the DISboards! I've got to find a 12 step program for that...AFTER we get back!

Nini

No comments: