CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pettiskirts Anyone?

Can you believe I am seriously thinking about making some pettiskirts? I have an idea in my mind (always a scary thing!) of making the girls some dresses for Christmas. I'm thinking about something twirly and feminine. Lots of rich fabrics like velvets, brocades, silks or satins....and I think a pettiskirt would look fabulous underneath!

I know it will probably be a one time only type of thing, and it will then become a 'dress-up' kind of thing for them to play with, but I think it might be fun to try!

I've been looking around online for patterns, and I have found some that are pretty simple (and simple looking) and some more advanced (and delicious looking!). It is all It is just how you put it together that will make the difference.

It actually seems that the hardest part will be to find the fabric. I've found a couple of suppliers for the fabric, but the shipping is unreal! The shipping is more than the cost of the fabric! Maybe I can find something a bit more local so I can pick it up myself at a bricks and mortar store!

If I don't make one for their holiday dress, I might at least make one for dress up....

hmmmm....


Nini

No comments: