CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary to me! Today marks 32 years since hubby and I said "I Do!" This is a date we share with one , umm, 'infamous' event in history! It is one that has irked me for 32 years! It seems we cannot celebrate our anniversary without the world remembering this day as something else!

See, on this date, exactly 32 years ago, Elvis left the building...permanently. Every year we have had to listen to Elvis memorability...only his songs are played on the radio, every trivia question having to do with him has been uttered on this day. I had secretly hoped, that with all the hoopla about Michael Jackson's death, we would be spared this year..but nope, not to be.

I remember very distinctly, when I went to my first OB appointment with Shawn, the nurse could not believe that I 'chose' to get married on that day! I told her I couldn't believe Elvis 'chose' my wedding day to die!

Over the years, my older kids have all made the joke that when I got married, it broke Elvis' heart...and that is what killed him. So, it stands to reason, that this year, my youngest asked us if we really knew Elvis...

Maybe by the time we reach our fiftieth anniversary there will hardly be a mention of Elvis and his passing ... either that, or we are both so senile we don't notice it!

Nini

No comments: