CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 22, 2010

Roses

I can never think of Roses without thinking of my mom.  She loved roses.  I don't think she ever had any rose plants after we moved from Forest Park, but she always loved them.

Every year, on the anniversary of the accident, we would give people that meant something special to us that year a rose.  Last year, on the fifth anniversary, we decided to plant 5 rose plants in her memory instead.

I was struggling with the last tshirt for the Disney trip in a few days.  I knew it should be something to do with Belle from Beauty and the Beast, but I was having trouble finding just the right design.  See, I had already messed up one shirt and needed to redo it.

I finally decided on the Rose under Glass from Frou Frou by Heather Sue.  I love her designs, and this seemed like it would fit the bill.

As I started stitching it out, I couldn't help but think of my Mom.  By the time I was finished with the shirt, I was in tears.  But not sad tears, tears of joy.  I thought about how happy Mom would be to see the way my kids are turning out.  And I remembered how she wanted to go to Disney with us, but was afraid she would slow us down so, no matter how hard we tried, she would not go with us.  The last time we went before she died, she promised she would go with us one time.

With this rose shirt, I feel like she is finally going with us!


Nini

5 comments:

AmandaDickens said...

Funny how hear lately it seems like we are thinking about her more and more.

Heathersue said...

Oh Jeanne, I'm crying like a baby. Thank you so much for this story. You have really touched me. I had no idea what the significance of that design would be for you. ((HUGS)) to you.

teresajoy said...

Oh, Jeanne, I'm with Heather, I'm crying too! That is just beautiful. <3

Anita said...

Isn't it great how God put those little things in our life to make us remember that they are still here with us even though they are in Heaven. HE is so mindful of our hearts and those little things that make us happy!! Loved this story!

Nanci said...

Lovely story...I could have written this, I feel the same about my mother too. And every time I sew, I'm using her machine, making it do more than she could have ever imagined I was able. I'm sure your mom was looking over your shoulder with every stitch you took today.