CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

We're going to Disney!

Yup...it is official! I have booked our September to Disney.

It didn't turn out like I had planned it. We weren't supposed to go until January 2010. Then, I found out there are a bunch of home schoolers going on what they are calling the Ultimate Field Trip in September. I tried to see if we could get in on that without buying the whole package from them, but that didn't work. I wanted to Stay at Shades of Green (a department of defense hotel on Disney property) and get the tickets from the Military Salute Disney is offering.

The more I looked, the more I liked what I saw. Disney is also offering 40% off the moderate priced resorts, which came out to less than what Shades of Green would have been. And we could get the dining plan with that deal.

Then I realized the dates for the UFT was Labor Day ... I've been to Disney during busy travel time and didn't want to do that agin. So I started looking at the dates around Damien's birthday...

So, we are staying at Coranado Springs Resort and celebrating Damien's birthday at Disney....this week long trip will end up costing us about a thousand dollars less than what we usually pay for a week at Disney...and we could save even more if Disney offers free dining in September.

I thought about making the kids new travel quilts with a Disney theme. I saw two different patterns at Disney; one in the Toontown fair and one at Minnie's House. I will see about making something similar for them..

I've tried to get the pictures from Snapfish, but can't seem to get the thing to work right...

Now, I'm off to see about drafting a pattern for the two pictures....


Nini

No comments: