CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 5, 2009


Wow...I didn't realize it had been a whole week since i had blogged! This past week has been pretty busy around here. Between the Disney planning, the granddaughter watching, the doctor visits ...and the SNOW! Yes, that's right, SNOW!


The weather man had been forcasting it for the past week, but no one really believed them. I mean, after all, how many times have we heard about the 'sky is falling'? I kept a close eye on it, and as of Saturday night they still didn't have a good idea as to when it would hit or where...one minute we were told to expect 1 inch and another we were told 4-6 inches, then back to 1-2 inches. Each local channel had something different and the Weather channel had something different still. (add to that how WARM it had been for so many days and well, you got to see how hard it was to take this seriously!)


Sunday morning when we got up it was raining. The temps had gotten a bit cold, and we were warned to expect it to be even colder. By the time we left church services around noon, it had turned to sleet. By the time we got home it was really snowing. I mean REALLY SNOWING! I started taking pictures as soon as we got home. A few pics of the yard every hour or so just so I could show hubby that it really did snow.


Meantime, I surfed the 'net looking for deals and info on Disney (yes, I know that my planning is borderline obsessive!) Suddenly I looked outside to discover the flakes were as big as my palm! I had never seen such big flakes!
We ended up with a little over 6 inches and were without power for a few hours, but over all not too bad. Of course my son was without power for a couple of days..
All is back to normal now and we are expecting 70 degrees tomorrow.
My new sewing maching came in and I can get back to piecing again! I probably won't be able to get to the blog for a while....lots of work to get done around here!
Nini






No comments: