CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What a difference a day makes!

Yesterday, when I picked up Mr D for his appt in Athens, his teacher wanted to speak with me...seems she is going on and on about how good he is doing, while at the same time his para-pro is telling me I need to let him write more...his writing is NOT on grade level....really?

His psychologist appt went about like I thought...she was mortified when I showed her his homework for the first day of school.  Her opinion was that school should not set him up for failure, but for success. There is no way on the planet that he can be expected to know those spelling words in a week...probably not in a year will he know them.  He is having trouble with reading blended sounds within words, no way will he understand when a silent e is needed and when it is not.

So, next month we are starting a new round of testing.  This should give the school the data they need to place him better.  We will see....



Nini

No comments: