CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Updates, Update, I have updates!

OK...first one is...last night we had our double digit party for Disney.  Only 99 days until we leave, so we took a trip to the 99 cent theater to see Toy Story 3.  Kids loved it, The Princess particularly loved the potty (I think we took 4 potty breaks!).

And afterward, we were treated to a fantastic light display courtesy of  Tropical depression number 5 (or at least the remnants of said tropical depression).  There was so much lightning that at times it was almost non stop!  There were some pretty close strikes as well.  We had to wait almost 30 minutes after the movie to be able to get to the car!  We got home to not a drop of rain!

So in that same vein, my second update is on my wonderful pool.  It is up and full, and so inviting...but we are having a torrential downpour!  It started around 2 am and has not let up at all.  Our weather advisory says heavy rains for the remainder of the day.  I have NEVER gotten a significant weather advisory about the AMOUNT of rain expected!  So, even though this pool isn't leaking, I STILL have a mud pit in my back yard!

Next update is on Mr D's school.  I have about 10 pages of notes so far to take with me to our next IEP meeting.  Plus I have written a 4 page narrative of Mr D's story.  It was suggested we include more info on Mr D into his permanent record.  Right now it only says there was a car accident.  Nothing about how bad it was.  As one of his therapists said, it read like it was just a fender bender!

And I will be ordering a book to help me..It is from Wrightslaw called From Emotion to Advocacy.  I will be using a gift card for Amazon that I earned from Swagbucks.....finally getting some use out of that!

The Princess is having a birthday party today to mark her three years of being The Princess!  Her actual birthday is on Wednesday, but this is going to so much better than waiting until then to have a party!  I have her birthday quilt almost finished.  I still need to make the label and the binding.  I don't think I will be getting it finished before the party, but hope to have it finished this weekend.  So, Memaw will be an Indian Giver today.  I'll give it to her and then take it back home to finish!

We have made it through the first week of school. Somehow.  I am trying my best to remain positive...but Mr D's teacher has decided to completely ignore everything that we talked about...however, she IS following the IEP...since it had absolutely NOTHING on it!  Another note on Monday....hopefully she will get tired o\f seeing the notes from me and either do the things we talked about and agreed to...or stop sending me home his work!  LOL

I finally have a date for my next MRI!  Next Tuesday.  Hopefully, once this gets done I can get some relief on my back.  I'm almost to the point of just deciding to go ahead with the surgery.  If nothing else it will put an end to the pain!  Of course, since we only have 14 weeks until we go to Disney, I doubt it can be done until we get back...which puts it in the holiday season which means it will have to wait until next year!  Sheesh...

So..the next update is my house is a mess.  Well, ok, that really isn't anything new, but I am going to try and get a little bit done today before we go to the party.


Nini

No comments: