CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

School...here we come, ready or not!

School starts here on Monday.  I'm not 100% sure how I feel about that.  Mr D has decided he wants to go to public school like 'normal' kids.  Since there is nothing 'normal' about him, let's just say I am a little more than apprehensive about how this is going to work.

I have met with someone at the school for about 3 hours on Monday, and spoke to someone for a half hour on the phone from the school board.  On Friday I have a meeting at school with the Special Ed director for the school board, the principal, the special ed teachers, and some other assorted people to discuss the particulars and logistics of the whole idea.

My emotions have gone from fear and dread, and are now bordering on excitement.  At some point, it has occurred to me that it will give me more time to sew!  Since the bus will be picking them both up around 7...and the Princess will not be arriving until around 2 (at least for the first couple of weeks) that will give me 5 hours of uninterrupted sewing time.  I am almost giddy at the thought!

Of course, none of the adults in this house really expect the whole public school thing to be a long term solution.  In fact, when I told hubby that I was giving it 2 months and then re-evaluate the whole situation...he laughed and said he did not expect it to last that long!

But in the meantime...I'm making some 'pie-in-the-sky' plans for how I am going to spend my 'free' time next week...we shall see...


Nini

No comments: