CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 27, 2010

Two Weeks down....

Well, today marks two weeks of school completed...


So far I am less than thrilled, but Mr D is very happy!

One of the side effects of his meds is that he gets sleepy during the day.  Another one is that occasionally he can't sleep during the night.  Both were explained in DETAIL at our IEP meeting.  While it is not in writing (therefore it didn't happen evidently!) they promised to make allowances for his sleepyness at school.  We even talked about my bringing in a blanket for him to sleep.

Last night, between his meds and a storm, he woke up at 3 and did not (could not) go back to sleep.  I sent an email to his teacher ...just as an FYI.  She wrote me back saying...basically that was too bad.  His academics were more important than his rest and she would send a lot of work home with him over the weekend so he could 'catch up'!

If I remember correctly we are sending him to public school...I should not have to be teaching him at home as well!

I guess this is just something else I need to add to his new IEP in a few weeks..


Evidently, everyone at that school knows more than all the doctors he has been seeing for the past 5 years...and can make the decisions as to what he needs and what is best for him!


Nini

No comments: