CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 7, 2010

It has been a while since I've posted here...mainly because I am sick and tired of writing about the wonderful 'free' pool and all it is costing me!

++++++++++++++++++

So, with that out of the way, I'll move on to sewing.  I've had a very busy couple of weeks in that department...just didn't really get much done.  Changes in schedules always take me a while to get used to LOL!  Anyway, I did finally get the Birthday Cake Quilt finished.  I have got to learn how to digitize.  I think this pattern could be really cute and easy to do on an embroidery machine, but I really HATE doing it by 'hand'.  Trying to put all those applique pieces down and look half way decent is a skill I do NOT have!
Anyway here is a picture of the Birthday Cake Quilt.  (you have to promise not to look at it too closely!)


And now to the piece i could kick myself on...

I was making a Snow White dress for a little girl on a special trip to Disney. Her favorite princess is Snow White, so I attempted to make her a Snow White sundress.  This is where my deadline got the best of me.  I would have much preferred to spend at least a week on this dress.  But I did it in just 2 nights of a few hours each.  I'm not at all happy with the way it turned out, but it looks cute in pictures!


I really hope she likes it!

I think it would look better with ruffles on the bottom, but I was afraid it would add too much bulk and it is still summer after all! And the yellow fabric was not my first choice, but I cut the original fabric wrong and had to make do with something from my stash.  It is a bit washed out for my tastes.

My construction methods on this one left a lot to be desired, and I can honestly say I learned a lot from this little sun dress.  I learned a lot of what NOT to do.

So...

Now my next project is to make my little Princess a quilt for her birthday.  I've bought a lot of fabric, but I have yet to decide what pattern I am going to make. (I know...you should REALLY decide what you are going to do before you purchase fabric...other wise you may end up without enough to do what you want to!)

So...off to the post office to mail out this dress and back to work!


Nini

No comments: