CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We had hoped to get an inground pool for Mr D's therapy.  It wasn't meant to be, so we got an above ground pool.

Reading everything I could get my hands on about it, I was a bit skeptical.  I kept reading how easy it was to put up.  One hour with 2 adults, 45 minutes with 3 adults.  Over all the reviews were favorable.  A few sour grapes type, but for the most part, extremely positive.

So, when it came in yesterday, I was really excited to get to work on it.  We had someone do the bobcat work to level the ground, and then it was all me!

Since I am not supposed to lift more than 30 pounds, it was a bit tricky to get the 300 pound box to the back yard...so we opened the box and took the pieces out one at a time and put them in the back yard.  We started this morning at 8:30...started with must me and Mr D.  We got it started, then when Miss B woke up she helped me with the harder parts.  We actually got the whole pool put together within an hour and a half.  And we took lots and lots of breaks!

So, now my problem.  Just as we were getting ready to put in the water, we found a small hole.  Off we got to the pool supply store to get a patch kit.  We patched it and started filling (now...this is where I was again a bit skeptical...I would have thought we should have let the patch dry before we started adding water, but both the guy at the store and the instructions on the box said to go ahead and add water right away!

Everything was fine until about 2 hours into the filling...we got some sort of terrible leak!  Water started pooling beside the pool (sic) .  I turned off the water and climbed in to check out the bottom to see if I could find the leak.   I decided to add a larger patch to the original tiny place and found a couple more places that MIGHT be a leak, so I patched them as well.  Feeling secure that I had fixed it all...I started filling again...within 15 minutes I knew we still had a problem!  Now there we puddles of water in about 5 places around the pool...and the tarp like ground cloth had water underneath it!

At this point I am not sure what is going on!  Do I empty the water out and take it all apart and start over?  Ugh!  I am so upset over this....I guess it is time to let it go until the morning!

Nini

No comments: