CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 9, 2010

This month is really moving along without me!

It is already the 9th!  I'm beginning to feel that the time is going to start really slipping away as we get closer to Disney.  I have so much already done, that I have started to feel like I was ready.  The I take a week or so off from sewing and discover just how far behind I really am!

VBS started last night.
Normally, VBS is just for the kids.  Sure, there are adult classes, but I've never really felt like I've gotten anything out of the adult class, it has always been more of a 'filler' for me.  Last night was different.

Not sure if the difference was the fact that Kristy's mom was there, that Noni was back from the hospital after having her line moved, that Kristy was one of Mr D's teachers...or what.  But somehow the message of last night's lesson got me pretty hard.  During the class, I had several teary moments where it was all I could do to hold back the tears.

The lesson was about Thankfullness.  I know, you are asking how in the world that would make me teary eyed. Well, some of the things said hit home.  We talked about how we forget to say those two words "thank you " until it is too late.  About how death comes without warning.  See, it has been just a little over 7 months since Helen died.  With her grandmother being in the audience, of course it was brought up.  Seeing how far Kristy has come since the accident is unbelievable.  Even more unbelievable is how, when a little boy asked her why she was in a wheelchair, she explained how there was a terrible car accident and she got 'hurt' and now she gets to ride in a chair.  Not the accident took my daughter's life and I can never walk again...just I got 'hurt'.

Of course, that made me think about Mom's accident and my reactions to that...I find myself still, 5 years later, thinking in terms of what that accident did to me and my family.  It took my Mom away from me, it made my son forever 3, it messed up MY life...

The one scripture that we kept going back to over and over was, Romans 8:28..."We know that all things work together for good to them that love God..." It doesn't say that all things ARE good, or even WILL be good.  It says all things work TOGETHER for good.  We talked about how we are commanded to give thanks in "All things"...not because they ARE good, but because they "work together for good".

I think this lesson has meant more to me than a year's worth of lessons.


...so then after the kiddies came back to the auditorium for the closing and dismissal, Mr D started having a meltdown and I had to go get him and bring him back to where I was sitting.  I overheard some kid asking about what was wrong with the 'cry baby'...and the tear ducts opened up and a flood of great proportion ensued!  I think this is one of the few times I let myself cry for the loss of what Mr D MIGHT have become, while still loving the little boy he has become.


So, in the spirit of our lesson on Thanks Giving... I want to say Thank You to all my family and friends for putting up with me and loving me.  And Thank You to all the doctors and therapists that have brought us so far in the past 5 years.  And mainly, Thank You God ...for giving my bottom a little kick.  I needed it!



Nini

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this. July 9, the day you posted a very dear friend, her husband, son and son-in-law were killed in a car accident. It has devastated me and I am struggling with it. I keep telling myself that all things are for a reason, but it really helped to see what you wrote. Thanks, Lisa