CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 13, 2010

Four Hours

Yup...that is how long I was at the school this afternoon in an IEP meeting for Mr D.  At this point I am so not wanting him to go to school!

I first spoke with them on Monday.   At that first meeting we discussed the adaptive transportation option.  Today they acted like it was news to them!  Even though they had already filled out the paper work to request it!  Now I am told it will take up to 3 weeks to get the transportation office to make arrangements for him, but they would try and expedite it, but it would still take at least 5 days.

Now I may not be a rocket scientist, but if they had started the paperwork on Monday...wouldn't that be the required 5 days...school starts Monday.

I told them my main concern about his last time at public school was his spec ed teacher had a 'study buddy' that did all his work for him. So guess who his teacher is...that's right!  And her contribution to the whole evening was she thought Mr D would react positively to Peer Mentors...the proper word for 'study buddies'.

The one thing I sad that would be a deal breaker is the regularly scheduled therapies that he is currently in.  On Monday they said it was fine...now, not so much.  He will be counted as absent, so it will effect their bottom line.  Because it is not considered medically necessary...they offer the same 'type' of therapy at school.  Even though what they offer is designed to help him function in SCHOOL.  What he currently gets will help him function in LIFE!

We won't even talk about the whole Disney thing!


I have some serious praying to do this weekend!


Nini

No comments: