CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Well, both Mr D and Mommy made it through the first day back at school.  Since there is no adaptive transportation ready for him yet, I had to go pick him up.  School gets out at 3:30, so I left the house at 2:30 (knowing there would be a crowd)It is about a 10 minute drive.  I was actually about the 10th car there, not too bad!

Five minutes later, I looked around and there were cars EVERY WHERE!!!  It was easily over 300 cars!  They were in the grass, all along the road, it was unbelievable!

So we are sitting there, waiting.  I decided to turn off the truck to conserve gas and enjoy the somewhat cooler temps...high 80's.  As soon as I turned off the motor and opened the windows I realized it was a mistake!  There was a giant truck (dualie 4 wheel drive type) in front of me with his motor running...and it was diesel!

Then it started to rain!

Then the fire alarm went off at school.

I was able to notice it took a full minute for the office staff to make it out of the building and stand in their designated spaces.  TEN minutes later, the kids started leaving the school to stand in their designated spaces in the back parking lot (for the buses).  FIFTEEN minutes LATER than that some kids were STILL coming out of the building!

I know, I know...it is only the first day, and it takes a while for the new routines to settle in...but really, who thought it was a good idea to have a fire drill in the RAIN on the FIRST day of school???  With all the parents sitting in front wondering what is going on!

By 4:00...you read that right...FOUR o'clock! Mr D had finally gotten into the truck and we were on our way home.  Did you remember me saying that I was about the 10th car there...and how many there were BEHIND me? Yes...Miss B did not get home until Five o'clock...she rode the bus!

Anyway, back to the first day of school for Mt D.  He had a blast!  He loved it!  He loved the thought that he had HOMEWORK!!!

He had to read a story from page 14 to page 45 in his reading book, and study his spelling words...except he cannot read, and spelling is something we never did tackle!  I read the story to him and asked him the questions at the end of the story.  We ignored the spelling words!

I have a feeling it is going to be an interesting year!

Nini

No comments: