CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Note from Mr D's teacher today:


"He worked hard when he arrived.  I'm really concerned with his grade level performance and him needing to rest frequently.  I'm sending a packet for tomorrow.  Just send back when completed."


Now, in order for you to understand my complete and utter 'displeasure' with the above statement, you have to know that I spent 3 hours before I registered him and 4 hours in an IEP meeting discussing 3 points.  One - that he is NOT on a 2nd or 3rd grade level in his work, but is on a K or 1st grade level on reading!  They insisted in placing him in a 3rd grade level special ed class! Two - that the meds he is on make him sleepy and he frequently needs to rest or take a nap.  We even discussed the possibility of me sending in a favorite blankie because he is a blankie baby and likes to have his head covered when resting.

The other point was his frequent doctor and therapy appointments and his need to miss a lot of school due to this!

I have to say that I am positive that no one listened to anything I had to say!  Sheeeesh!


Nini

No comments: