CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 6, 2010

Is summer really almost over?

Today, the kids and I played in the pool for several hours.  Yes, I am sunburned, but I still had a blast!  By next year we should have a deck around it and some landscaping done.  I know I will be happy to have a great view OF the pool and not only FROM the pool!

It was really cute watching the kids learn to hold their breath under water...without drinking all the pool each time!  I think if the pool had been up longer this summer they would have both learned to swim.

I did manage to take advantage of the great end of summer sales and get the kids a few pool toys.  I already have a list of requests for next year.

I'm guessing we will still be able to use the pool for a few more weeks.  The water has cooled down quite a bit and feels downright icy when you first get in, but the air temperature is still in the upper 80's, so as long as the night time stays above 60 we should be able to get in it.

Of course, we are only 12 weeks away from Disney.  Only about 7 weeks before Halloween.  It is always freezing for Halloween, but generally warms back up for Thanksgiving.

I am really looking forward to the cooler weather, if only because it means Disney is getting closer.  But, also, the thought of wearing a neck brace in the sweltering summer heat is not something I want to entertain!


Nini

No comments: