CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 19, 2009

My first Vidas



I finished my first VIDSA!!!  I am so excited!  They didn't turn out exactly like I wanted, but I am a bit pleased with the pattern overall.


I think my fabric choices weren't exactly what I wanted, but the over all look is cute.The hardest part of the whole process was picking the fabric; with the elastic insertion ranking a very distant second.  The pieces of elastic were very small, and holding them in place while attempting to sew them was a bit tricky.  There were two short pieces of elastic on both dresses, so that translated to 8 ends that needed to be sewn into the seams of the dress.  I used a safety pin to hold the elastic where I needed it and then sewed it.  Sounded like it should have worked pretty well....but I ended up sewing the safety pin in the seam 6 times!  (and once I missed the elastic completely!!  That was really fun trying to fish that elastic back to the edge!)


I can hardly wait to make another one...which may be sooner than I thought, since I may redo this Christmas dress.  Without further ado, I'll post a picture of the completed dresses (minus buttons and button holes of course!)



This should be a picture of both the front and back...



Now, time to work on the autograph quilts for the kids and to get my Big Sister/Little Sister dresses in the mail....oh yeah, got to get the Baby Quilt washed and ready to mail...and get the Tink tutu redone.....and...




Nini

No comments: