CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Well, we decided on the November/December time frame.  So, I am back to my original plans.  I am in the process of getting over a stupid cold. (at lest I THINK I'm getting over it.  It may be getting over ME!)

Well, I discovered the Precious dress seems to be running a bit smallish.  I had to enlarge the pattern a bit to make it a size 12.  I will give a brief account as to how I did it (only for my own information...I really had problems with this!!) Carla C's wonderful information tells you how much to enlarge a pattern for the larger sizes.   My problem was, I didn't want to go to a copy place and pay for the enlargements!  (I'm cheap that way!)

My first thought was to just print it from Adobe in the enlarged size...but the Adobe version I had only gave me the option of 100% and 125%.  Neither was working for me!  My other computer had an older version of Adobe, but no printer!  SO I got a free version of Foxit...but it didn't like my printer.  So I finally found an add on to the tool bar of Adobe so I could at least make the screen show the right size, then I just used it as a light box and traced it on a piece of paper.

Now, when I go to make it I'll see if I got it right.

Now I have to get some more fabric so I can remake both dresses!  In the mean time I have made a total of 4  patchwork twirl skirts.  The Princess liked hers so much she didn't want to even take it off!  Now, what type of shirt goes with a patch work twirl skirt?  HMMM...

No comments: