CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pretty in PINK!!!

So, Miss B has her Father - Daughter coming up in two weeks.  The theme is Pretty in Pink.  You would think that would be my first clue that all the girls are supposed to wear PINK.  Nope.  Not this girl.

Miss B hates PINK, so I let her design her own dress for the event.  She chose to have it made similar to her quilt.  Her quilt is made of some fabric I had left over from My DIL and DS's quilt from a couple years ago.  It is a primarily green print with small PINK flowers.  Several different co-ordinating prints with the same theme of minty green and PINK.

She then decided she wanted it to be a skirt and top.  For the skirt, she chose the Patchwork Twirl from Carla C (GREATEST designer in the WORLD!) with a Portrait Peasant (from same GREAT designer) top.

We have finished the skirt (somehow I messed up on the math and it did not turn out perfect, but still looks cute) and was getting ready to cut out the top...when we get a reminder from the school....uh yeah.  Girls are supposed to wear PINK.

So, Monday, I get to take a trip to Joann's to see if I can get some PINK fabric to make the top in PINK and use the minty green print as accents...

...wonder if I can get dad to wear a PINK tie?

No comments: