CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Never try to quilt when you have a fever!

Yup, that's right.  I tried to actually quilt when I was running a fever.  Take a guess as to how that went!

It was the first time I had attempted to use the quilter (named Kenny by the way!) since we moved the studio downstairs.  Yes, that is how long I have been sick.  Anyway, I noticed it didn't move as smoothly as it did before, but wasn't sure if it was the machine or how I was feeling, so I didn't check it.  Not ONCE did I check the tension!  That is the FIRST thing I usually check.  Especially if I haven't quilted on him in a while.

The last quilt I had on that machine was Christmas presents....does that tell you how long he has been sitting unused?  And, when you add to that mix the fact that he used to be in the upstairs bonus room and has now moved to his new digs down in the basement...I can't believe I thought I could quilt without checking the tension!

So, I ended up spending the whole night ripping out stitches.  Something that you CAN do with a fever by the way!  It won't be able to go back on the frame today, but maybe tomorrow. (unless I actually go to a doctor and find out what is wrong with me!)  It is a small quilt for the Princess to take to the hospital with her next week, so I am sure I can get it quilted and bound this weekend.  If it were a big one I might not be able to get it finished in time.

I will say I managed to add a bit of embroidery to it, and I do like the way the top turned out.  I think everyone needs a new quilt to snuggle with when they go in for surgery...right?


Nini

No comments: