CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's here! It's here!

I feel a bit like Steve Martin in The Jerk!

We came back from our Athens therapy appointment, and UPS had left me a present on my front door stoop.  (do they even call it a stoop anymore?)  Luckily, the kids had already had lunch...cause all I could think of after it came in was getting to sewing!

I had read and re-read the manual online, so when it got here (known as Bubba) I was ready to get to work!  First, I have to say I was blown away by how smoothly it stitches out!  Now, all the reviews said it stitched out beautifully, but I don't think I really was prepared for just HOW smoothly it stitched!  It is very user friendly, and really pretty easy!

I do know a couple of things are going to take a bit of practice.  1- centering my design on a T shirt.  My first attempt was way off, but I gained a better understanding as to just how difficult it is to center a small t shirt.  I am going to take some of the appliques off the t shirts we took to Disney on our last trip and put some embroidered designs on them to work out some of the centering issues I have.  2- trimming the applique close enough.  There is no way to 'get' this except for more practice.  It is one of those things you just have to 'feel' your way through.  I actually was able to trim it up afterwards to look nice, but it was really scary to trim after all the stitching was done.

Today, I think I will work on placing some of the applique I am planning on using for the girl's dresses.  Some are a bit complicated, so it will take a couple of practice runs before I feel confident with it.

...and if the snow stays out of here, I want to work on a t shirt to go with my twirl skirt for my next Wish trip Big Give.  A nice pink t shirt with an applique of Winnie the Pooh on it.  I can hardly wait!


Jeanne / Nini

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Have a great time with Bubba...can't wait to see what you create!!!