CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sewing, Sewing, Sewing!

I have started my Disney sewing in earnest!

I have almost completed the Minnie Mouse dress, only to find out the pattern runs a bit small.  I haven't put the bodice and skirts together yet,  Now I have to figure out how to increase the size 10 to a size 12.  I am going to try the size three on the Princess again (she wears a size 2!) because there is so much of a difference between a 3 and a 4.  Oh well, an excuse to go back to Joann's!

I have started 2 patchwork twirl skirts.  Miss B's only needs the elastic (which I am getting today) and I have cut out the Princess' and started putting hers together.  I did not like the way it was working, but I continued on.  I had Miss B try hers on and it looks so cute on!  It really does twirl!  It is begging for a pettiskirt underneath, so I guess this will be a future project or purchase.

I started talking to Rex about the embroidery machine.  Of course, I started with the fact that I could make him some shirts for his stump business...he kind of liked that idea...so, it looks like I might be able to get one in February.  I am not going to count my chickies before they hatch, but I am really getting excited about the thought of that little machine coming to live with me.

I've also done a bit of other sewing, but I will have to wait until tomorrow to tell you about that...just in case someone reads this that shouldn't know until tonight!

Nini

No comments: