CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Report on Joann's stash

I am pretty happy about the haul from Joann's yesterday, and the fact that I was able to get the casters to put on my quilt machine for the downstairs studio.  (Hubby thought I was crazy on that one!)

So, fabric and dress ideas so far for Disney are:
Cute green "argyle" type print with Winnie the Pooh in Santa hats - will use this for the Crystal Palace dress.  Not 100% sure what pattern the dress will be yet, but I am leaning towards a Vida.
Blue Lightning McQueen and Mater 'stripe' on a Peppermint 'road'.  This will be for one of our DHS days.  I have no idea what I will do with it.  I would love to make Mr D a bowling shirt...but I only have 2 yards of the fabric and would still have a problem of what the girls would wear.  Still thinking on this one.
Four assorted black and white prints for a black/white strip work dress for DHS.  My original plans call for some appliqué or embroidery of black and white Mickeys, but that might not get done (especially if I don't get an embroidery machine!)
For Chef Mickey's I have the Minnie Dot for a precious dress for the girls.  I am thinking of making a chef hat for Mr D. I have also seen a cute t shirt with a Chef Mickey embroidery done on it...and the lady that does it is right here in Winder...so that may be a route for me to go.
And I managed to get 15 yards of Warm and Natural all cotton batting.  Of course 4 yards of it is for Tasha to make her grandmother a quilt, but I am really excited to have a bit of a stash of batting4.  That extra coupon was so worth it!

When all was said and done, I saved $155.61 and only spent $125.64...not too shabby!

Now, to get the studio moved so I can get sewing...can hardly wait!

Nini

No comments: