CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 1, 2010

Here it is...my second post of the new year ... I'm on a roll!

OK..this is a purely selfish post to help me keep on track with my Disney dress planning.  I have to make about 40 dresses/outfits in 10 months.  That number is not including the t shirts I will make for the rest of us.  I guess I really need to get started!

I'm going to Joann's in a bit to take advantage of the half off sale on batting and the 20% off coupon that both expire tomorrow!  While there, I will look at the Christmas fabrics they have on clearance and see what I can snag.  I know they have several cute character prints at Wally World, so I will try and pick up a few of them as well...then it is off to ebay to try and find some things to compliment what I was able to snag today.

But...since we are moving the studio downstairs next weekend, I won't be able to do any sewing until then...bummer!

I can hardly wait to get the studio moved downstairs.  I will have double the room I currently have and a full height ceiling the whole room.  This will give me some wall space to work with!

It is going to be a much bigger project than I originally thought it would.  I am moving the curretnt guest room from the basement apartment to the bonus room over the garage.  The current guest room will become the kids playroom, and the current living room/kitchen will become my studio!

We haven't had anyone actually staying in the apartment since my middle son finally moved out last year.  Before that my daughter lived there after my mother died.  It was originally built for my mother ... she chose all the finishes.  I now regret giving in to her about the kitchen cabinets! What we currently have is the absolute cheapest things Home Depot sold.  Very plain white laminate!  Servicable but boring.

On my agenda today is to go to Joann's to do a bit of shopping, stop by Game Stop to use the gift certificate (since Mr D finally found his Game Boy!) and then mopping the tile floors downstairs and cleaning the down stairs kitchen.  If I have any time left, I'll start boxing up more fabrics, books, computer equipment...oh yeah...I have to make a grocery list and do some shopping...I can't even have a second pot of coffee!


N

No comments: