CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 31, 2010

Fabrics, Fabrics, Fabrics...

I have officially began the downward slope of sewing....no wait, that didn't sound right.  How about, I have officially began the final stages of sewing....no that doesn't sound right either.

Well, anyway, I have bought the majority of the fabrics for the final two dresses that were giving me fits.  On a whim I went ot Hobby Lobby the other day and found some perfect fabric for the Boma dress.  Unfortunately they only had a yard of it left, but are supposed to be getting some more in by this Friday.

Then, I stopped by the only Wal Mart around with fabric and found something that went really well with it, and today, my Joann's had another fabric that really looks cute with it...again they only had a yard of it left and are not going to be getting any more.  So, I think I should be able to get two Vidas out of this fabric.  I'm really please with it so far.

Then, on my dress for dinner with the Princesses at Akershus, I got the main pink and blue fabrics.  I still need some coordinating prints to make the dress complete, but with all the embroidery I have to do on this one, it is more than enough to get started.

After I make these two dresses, I will only have the Cinderella dress and the Tiana dress to do.  Of course I still have a gazillion t shirts to do...but until I get the shirts bought I don't think I will worry too much about that.

The amazing thing about all these fabrics is that I spent less than $50.00 for all of it!  And I got some other fabrics for a couple dresses to sell!  I love it when Joann's has a good sale!

So, why am I sitting here on the computer instead of down in the studio sewing?  Not sure....

Nini

No comments: