CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Updates

Mount Fabric has been washed and dried...but seems to be verrrrry wrinkly!  It took two loads to get all the loot from Saturday's shopping washed, and I had to leave them in the dryer while we spent some family time with the Princess and her family!

I was afraid I would get home and forget what I was making with all the different fabrics, but I think I got it.
2 Snow White dresses
1 Special Birthday dress
4 July 4th dresses
Assorted baby paraphernalia

Hmm...maybe I didn't remember it all.  There seems like a lot of fabric for just those few projects...

##############################

Since Hubby starts working nights for the next few months, I will have more time to just sew for the fun of it.

The embroidered quilt I have been working on for a week has been giving me fits!  Each embroidered square is taking me about an hour to complete.  I'm using some sources for the designs that I have never used before.  Some of those have been surprisingly good, others are falling way short of the mark!  Those that are falling short of the mark are the ones that are really killing me.  Since the top is already pieced, and the embroidery is an afterthought, once a square is 'messed up' or doesn't come out the way I thought it should, there is no going back.  I no longer have any of the fabrics to replace a square.

The amount of time this is taking should command a higher price, but the quality of the embroidery is demanding a much lower price.  Still, I hope to have it finished and loaded within the next few days.

Today's project (after church services) will be a blackout shade for the bonus room.  It only has one small window, but it sure does let in a lot of light (even though I always found the room a bit dark when it was the studio).  Since this will become Hubby's new daytime bedroom, I need to get that finished up today.

Then my next project involves a special birthday gift... this needs to be finished by Tuesday,  While I am sure I should be able to get it finished up in just a day, I want to make extra sure it is finished before my thingy on Wednesday...I will be out of commission all day for that one!

Then...it is off to Snow White land! I have been dreaming of these dresses for months now, and I can barely contain my excitement to get started on them!  I feel like with each set of dresses I make I am pushing the envelope higher.  I can't seem to be content with just a 'regular' dress anymore for Disney.  I want spectacular!  I want drama!  I want...perfection!

Now, I'm dreaming of making something equally spectacular for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!  We were originally going with just a special t shirt...but now, I'm thinking that would never do!  Of course...I still have to come up with something for Animal Kingdom Lodge's Boma.  I have an idea in my head, but I just can't seem to find the right fabrics for it...still searching....

...after all...in only 209 days we leave for Disney!


Nini

No comments: