CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 1, 2010

A moment of silence for the mourning of another lost fabric department...

Imagine my surprise when I wandered into my local Wally World this morning only to discover there were Easter Baskets in the FABRIC AISLE!!!!

They only had a few bolts of some disgusting polyester stuff...but it was marked at half off.  The Fabric Lady (hereafter known as FL) told me that department only closed two days ago.  She further enlightened me that most of it was purchased by employees.

Now, I do enjoy shopping at Joann's, and I do have nice coupon advantages there that I don't have at Wally World, but I loved the convenience of having so close at hand.  I mean 5 minutes would have me there, parked and waiting for someone to cut it.  Now it will take a 30 minute drive to the next fabric carrying Wally World, or another 20 minutes to Joann's.

FL did let me in on a secret.  My next closest fabric carrying Wally World will be discontinuing their fabric department soon.  I really think this should be brought up to a vote.  I mean this is a democracy right?  Isn't one of my rights the right of pursuit of happiness?  How can I possibly pursue my happiness when the object of my obsession is going to take me almost an hour to get to it!!??!!

At least I can take comfort in the knowledge that everyone is complaining about it ....



Nini

No comments: