CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 12, 2010

Status update on Disney dresses!

Another week, another problem...well, not really...

I had to stop on the Black and White dress because I ran out of black thread...and my local Wally World is no longer carrying fabric, so they have not restocked their thread cabinet in forever!  There was all kinds of florescent greens and yellows, but no blac or white thread in the place...except for a tee- niny spool of black embroidery thread priced at 9.99!!

So, I decided to start on the Green Santa Pooh dresses (thanks Heather for the name!  LOL).  There was a lot of drama in my house about how it should look, and my budding designer told me to 'let the fabric speak for itself' in response to the embellishments I was going to add!

So, in cutting it out, I made a rookie mistake!  One of the first things you learn in fabric cutting is to cut the largest piece first.  Not me, I am cutting out 2 Vidas, one in a size 3 and one in a size 10.  I cut the side panels  (all 4 of them) for the size 3 and managed to get 2 side panels (yup, out of the 4 needed) for the size 10!  I know you can get all 8 panels out of only 1 yard of fabric with a bunch left over...but somehow, I could not get another two panels cut from the mess I made.

Since I like to make both dresses at the same time (it makes it seem like a lot less work to me!)I could only get as far as attaching the side panels before I had to quit....

So, off to Joann's today to get another yard of that green fabric and some black thread...I wonder if there is anything else I need to stock up on before I leave there?  Hmm...what will I run out of next?

But, on a good note, I received a message that the cute Mickey head buttons I ordered from Hong Kong have been shipped and should be here in 12 to 14 days!  I really hope they are exactly what I am looking for.


Nini

Only 229 more days to go!

No comments: