CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 29, 2010

New Music...from the 70's

For my birthday my son and daughter in law gave me an Amazon gift certificate.  I'm using it to load up my Ipod for the trip (what else!).  I discovered you can buy the music from Amazon a lot cheaper than I Tunes.

I had a large collection of 33s and 45s from my 'childhood', but they didn't survive my children's 'childhood' quite so well!  (Once, while we were in Germany, I found them playing...they were basically skiing...using my vinyls as skis on the tile floor!)  I actually still have them in a box...somewhere.

So, my goal was to find as many of the albums and singles as I can afford and put them on my Ipod.  So far I have some old Chicago, Moody Blues, Raiders, and some Phil Collins.  In my research I neglected to find out how the music is different...when technology is involved.  I saw the songs, listened to that brief snipet  of music and got all excited!

When I listened to the music, it wasn't quite 'right'.  See, I've listened to it so many times, I have memorized the subtle changes in tone and tune...some of these songs were just a bit 'off, while some didn't even sound like the same people singing.

So, the next time I download oldies, I will pay more attention to the words, re mastered, re mixed, and re recorded!  They are NOT all good!

Nini

No comments: