CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 23, 2010

I'm convinced...

... Kids can learn ANYTHING if you put it to music!

Think back to how you learned your ABC's.  I am willing to say there is probably not a single reader who did NOT learn them through that cute little song to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

My youngest two learned the books of the Bible through a couple of cute songs.  My learning disabled son has learned the lyrics of complete songs after hearing them only once.  My oldest daughter learned the 50 states through a song in , I believe, the 3rd grade.  My Grand daughter (age 3) can sing almost the complete song "Stuck Like Glue"

When my youngest two were little, and we used to spend hours in the car each weekend together,I used to look everywhere for kids CDs that would teach a foreign language.  Never found any, but heard lots of people say it was a good idea.

Kids LOVE music!  Look at all the games they love to play...Ring Around the Rosy...(who cares that it is talking about the Plague!).  The best way to get a short person to clean up their mess is to sing the "Clean up Song".  They learn the importance of continuous love with "Jesus Loves Me".  The Little Einsteins company discovered that as babies children can be exposed to classical music...and they LOVE it!

If I knew how to write music, I would make that my life's mission...unfortunately, I can barely read music...
and see if I can make this a reality!


Nini

No comments: