CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 17, 2010

40 Days and 20 hours....

Yup...that is how long before Disney!  I am going to try and get a good count for what is missing in the clothes department and get them FINISHED!!!!

Yesterday, I bought the little white gold plated Cinderella Coaches to hold the Pearl from Japan's Pick a Pearl at EPCOT.  Now, I kinda wish I had bought one for myself!

With just a little over 40 days until we go, I'm really starting to feel like it is real.  We have grabbed all the luggage from downstairs and it is now sitting in the dining room.  After my daughter gets back from her weekend trip to Savannah, I will commandeer the piece that she took with her and then I will get started packing.  (well, actually I will start getting rid of the musty smell in them.) I usually put them away with a fabric softener sheet tucked inside.  That way they smell so nice when you pull them out.  Unfortunately, someone else put them away after our last trip and forgot that step.

And in case anyone is worried that I am posting exactly when I am leaving my house unprotected.  I have 2 ferocious dogs and one 6 foot 7 inch guy staying at my house while I am gone. (plus all the deputies in a three county area will be keeping an eye on our house...)

Now, for a few words about my grand daughter.  I found out last week that I 'might' be getting her back during the day.  It is not definite yet, but a high possibility.  It was enough to keep me on cloud nine for the entire weekend!  I could not imagine how much I have missed her!  Having her around during the days will be such a good thing.  I miss my Princess!

We took a short trip to the north Ga Mountains yesterday.  We were hoping to see a bit of fall color, but I am thinking we are about a week too early.We took one of Miss B's friends with us.  It was really cute watching the two of them together.  They were trying so hard not to be 'babies' and yet kept finding things that made them more of a child than they wanted to be!

One of the cutest things we saw was a relatively new shop.  It is called "Goats on the Roof"!  It is hilarious!  Last time we were there it was a quilt shop.  I knew they were going out of business, but I really didn't expect it to be this!!!

They literally had goats on the roof of the buildings!  There was a series of ladders, bridges, and slides for the goats to go from one building to the other and an on the ground fenced in area for them to play.  You could get goat feed for a quarter and put it in a conveyor belt type contraption to feed those goats that were on one of the roofs.  When the feed dropped to them it rang a little bell and the goats came running!  It was hilarious!

The inside was a cut,e normal, run of the mill souvenir shop, while the other building was a snack shop.  They had chairs sitting around a fire pit for relaxing and lots of porch swings.

If you are ever in the Helen, GA area...look them up!



Nini

No comments: