CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 28, 2010

So, does anyone have a trick to get a doctor to return your call....

I have been having some sever neck pain and associated numbness in my hands since December.  Then, since March, I have also had some annoying lower back pain with numbness in my feet.

Doctor ordered a 'quick' MRI...a couple of months ago....no RESPONSE!  I've called my doctor repeatedly.  His office staff is giving me different excuses as to why no one has called me back.  The office manager has promised me a call back that very same day ...and it has now been 3 weeks since THAT call in.

I love my doctor.  I have been going to him for over 14 years.  He is one of the best rhuemetologists in the Atlanta area.  However, his office staff is horrible!  They never file the insurance right, they never give him messages, they never return your calls, and really do not care if the appointment they give you fits in your schedule and it takes almost an act of congress to get it changed!

Now, in 3 weeks, I have my next appointment with him...I see him every 5 to 6 months...and NOTHING has been done about the neck pain.  I am so ready to call; have him send my records somewhere else and try a different doctor...

He doesn't give out his email address....or I would send him an email to let him know how upset I am...seeing as how I can't get a message to him.

Once before I sent him a fax...explaining the difficulties I have with his office...and my response was a call from his wife.  She took over the job as office manager and straightened out his office.  All was fine for a few years...now we are back to the old thing...and don't get me started on how long you have to wait in the office when you have an appointment.  A morning appointment means you will be home sometime before dinner...and afternoon appointment will mean sometime before bed!

OK...enough whining...the office opens in a few minutes and I will be calling AGAIN!



Nini

No comments: