CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Disney School

I have to say, this is the most fun we have had in Home Schooling in a long time!  First we started with Mexico, Norway, China and Germany, now Italy today.  It has been interesting and fun to see how Disney ties in the movies to the countries, and how the pavilions for each country ties in with the host country.

My hope is that when we get to Epcot, the kids will be able to remember at least one fun fact about each country.  If we can do that then the whole summer Home Schooling will be a success!   I LOVE the Vacation Education series!  You can make it as advanced or as simple as you need it to be based on the kid learning.  We need to keep Miss B entertained, as we keep Mr D learning.

Since Miss B will be missing a week of 'regular' school when we go to Disney in a little less than 6 months, I'm hoping this will help her in writing some reports for her public school...hoping this will make them not scream so much when we go to Disney!


Also in today's news.  We have someone coming over this afternoon to give us a quote on a pool.  I am thinking some hydro therapy might help with some of Mr D's lingering issues.  We are still working on some stamina issues as well as balance and strength.  I'm doing a bit of research, and hope to get his therapists to help me out some as well.  I've been pointed in the right direction by a wonderful Disney friend, so I'm off to get educated in  TBI and Water Therapy....wish me luck!



Nini

No comments: