CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Nibbles anyone?

Self Promoting.

Something I'm not very good at.

How do I get better?

As you may know, I launched my Etsy shop back in April.  Granted it was a slow launch with only a few items.  I knew it would take a while for it to start selling.  When, in my first few weeks, I had my first conversation with a potential customer about Rheana's Raps, I felt like the beginning was very  near...I now know that first convo was from a semi-competitor looking to see what is available in that line.

Now we are looking at mid June and no new nibbles.

When I posted some pictures of the dresses I had made the girls for our upcoming trip to Disney, I had tons of emails and comments about how thy would love to buy that dress.  Now that I have decided I could make a few to sell (in limited numbers) no one is interested.

So, cruising Etsy this weekend, I see someone who is making the same dress (more or less) as the Princess dresses I am making for the girls - and SELLING a ton of them - I think maybe I should look back at making some of these for sale.

Starting small, I decide to make a Minnie Mouse inspired sundress.  It turned out cute.  But not what I saw in my mind.  Now, do I redo it to make what I saw in my mind....or slap a low price on it and sell it the way it is?

My goal was to only make top quality to sell...so with that in mind, I shouldn't sell it.  But in truth, it is cute. I can see a little girl loving it!

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

Nini

Hopefully I will make a decision and have something to take pictures of later!

No comments: