CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New IDea for Disney Autograph quilt

So...yesterday I was in the studio thinking of a way to kick start my sewing (being a little uninspired lately).  I'm working on my Princess dresses to wear to Akershus in December (still) when I thought...this would look cute on a quilt.(I think it was Mulan that I was working on at the time).

So, and I am working the idea starts to materialize in my mind.  Use larger squares than I did before, to give me room for both the applique and the autograph.  Use colors other than a white on white print, to not only blend in the kids' rooms, but to also not look so planin and blah!

The more I worked, the more the idea started to gel.  I have most of the designs I need in order to make this work.  If I plan this right, I won't have to have other fabrics to finish off Miss B's full size quilt, maybe just a border to hold everything together visually.  Mr D's might be a bit more difficult...most of the autographs are for Princesses...I don't think I will be able to convince him to get them for his bedroom!

I need to decide how to deal with duplicates...Like Mickey at Chef Mickey's and at Garden Grill and anywhere else we might see him; as well as how to deal with designs I don't have but see the character...do we just use a regular autograph book, or take some extra squares and try to embrorider on them later...; and what about those duplicates?

There is still a few logistic I have to work out before I can make the first square...like if I use darker fabrics, will the autograph show up?  There will be lots and lots of practice on this one before it comes together.

I guess you can say this is still in the brain storming phase of the planning.  I'm trying to come up with a list of those characters I will see ; a list of designs I already have; a list of who sells the designs that I don't have....and how much time this is really going to take!


Keep posted for the rest of the story....(I've always wanted to say that!)


Nini

No comments: