CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ugh! FAMILIES! You love 'em, but sometimes.....

I want to outlaw husbands and underage children having access to laptop computers!  They THINK they know what they are doing....but what they have done is locked me out as administrator, changed every possible setting known to man, made a $150 school reading program completely unusable, and managed to make the computer practically unusable!

The resolution is so bad you can only see about a fourth of the screen at one time...but the keyboard no longer works, and neither does the mouse pad!  They have somehow managed to 'lock' all the function keys, so I can't 'fix' anything without being logged in as the administrator...which they have locked me out as!!!

They have added passwords to all users....Dami added his own and looks at me like I am crazy when I ask him what he typed in as his password...he said Sissy told him to type so he did...but doesn't remember what he typed!  He 'thinks' Sissy might know...but she is at school of course!

All of this so they could play an army game on the laptop last night!  Never mind that I thought the level of violence was unacceptable for an 8 year old and a 9 year old....they (husband included) wanted to play and 'finally' were able to make it work....I knew I should have checked it last night to see what they had done to make it work, but I decided to enjoy the company of my DIL and GD2 instead...and maybe even a little of the company of my son...

I guess we won't be doing any reading today!  Hopefully, Miss B will know (and understand why this is so important) the passwords when she gets home so I can unlock the program.  I think I will leave them to their own as to how to 'fix' the computer.  I just want my program unlocked so I can add it to MY laptop!

Nini

No comments: