CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

It has been a busy few days in the Morris household!  First and most important, Alyssa came through her surgery fine.  She was kinda cute as she was coming out of the anesthesia.  She thought her leg was falling off...because it was numb, and she had never felt that before.  The anesthesia worked just like it was supposed to and she came home about an hour after the surgery.

She had a bit of a rough night, but from reports today, she is doing fine.  I am trying my hardest not to be a meddling grandmother / mother in law...trying not to smother them, but you know I want to!!

Even though I KNEW the surgery would take all day (basically) I wasn't really thinking logically about it.  After we finally got home around 4:30, I was too pooped to get anything done.  I had planned on working on several projects, but I didn't even have the energy to cook...so wonderful hubby got some Pizzas.

Today, I wanted to get the quilt for Noni finished.  Alyssa and Dami had helped me pick out some fabrics a few days ago, and I was going to add some from my stash to finish it up.  Somewhere along the line this morning, I changed my plan for the whole quilt.  I decided to make it a turning twenty quilt.  I like the quickness of the quilt and it makes a cute little girl quilt...but I forgot that my stash did not have any fat quarters in it...and I had a lot of problems trying to get some stash fabrics to work.

Then I remembered why I do not get any ginghams from Wally World...the ginghams are almost 100% polyester now.  I'm not sure why I didn't check it out before I purchased, guess maybe because I had the kids with me and I was in a hurry.  When making a quilt, using one or two fabrics that are too much polyester while everything else is 100% cotton, really it just doesn't work. I don't like the way it feels, the way it looks, or even the way it quilted up.  One of them was so bad I couldn't even remove the quilting stitches to fix a small boo boo.  After I gift the quilt tomorrow, I will tell her mom that I will gladly take it back and fix it later.

So, at 9:30 this morning I started cutting the fabric, then sewing it together.  By 6 pm I had a quilt in the wash.  Of course, I took and hour lunch break and also spent an hour working on the sewing machine...I had a major problem that I was sure was going to result in a trip to the repair man...but at the last minute I was able to figure it out and put the poor baby back together with only a minor bit of surgery.

I even used Bubba to make a small quilt label.  I'm rather proud of myself.  Now, to find the energy to get dinner on the table.

No comments: