CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 26, 2010

Sugar vs Splenda

Warning, Warning, Warning.  The following diatride can be considered controversial!

I have been giving the sweetener debate a little though this week.  It started because I read an online article about the dangers of the monster known as aspartame.  It made sense (and went along with something my doctor told me a few years ago, but I totally ignored, since I never used artificial sweetener.), but this particular article included Splenda as containing aspartame, which I knew was false.

So, I started my own search from the internet.  I know the information on the internet can be very biased, so I try to get an overall picture and then draw my own conclusions, never taking just one sites word as truth.  The information I found was overwhelming AGAINST Splenda!  Who knew!

I know there are going to be a million people who are going to take the opposite view...and that is ok.  I'm purposely NOT going to include any of the research I did, because I think this is something that you should decide on for yourself. But for me, I am going to try an experiment, and starting on April 1...(I have to be fiscally responsible as well!  LOL) I will take a Splenda break for one month and see how I feel afterwards.

Since sugar only has 15 calories per teaspoon, I really don't see that much of a calorie savings for me.  Of course, I DO have to adjust to only one teaspoon and not a heaping teaspoon!


Nini

1 comment:

Sahmy said...

You might want to try agave. It is a natural sweetener. It can be kind of pricy but Traders Joes has it for a good price.