CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 15, 2010

Two Hundred and Fifty Seven more days!

That seems like a lot until you start to break it down.  Just 37 weeks.  A little over 8 months.

At least I've got 90% of the clothes at least planned on paper. The actual sewing and embroidering is coming along ahead of schedule and I'm actually having time to work in a couple of extra things for other people in there.

My sewing/embroidery goal only calls for one day's worth of clothes each month.  Since it takes me less than an hour to do each t shirt, and I can make most of the dresses in less than a day,  I think this goal is very do able!  Of course, too much time on my hands gives me time to second guess myself!  I will be working really, REALLY hard not to do that!

I have to say, I cannot believe how good the embroidered t shirts are turning out!  It is a little nerve racking trying to get them all lined up straight and even, but the results are so, so cute!  Even critical hubby likes them!  (and that is saying a LOT!!!)


We went to the sewing expo on Saturday.  While it was very small, I did see a lot of things I 'had' to have and got tons of ideas!  Not to mention some really delicious thread!  Next year I am going to have to take a list of the thread colors I want to get.  I could not believe how hard it was to pick out 24 different colors of thread!

Then, a quick spin by Joann's netted me some fabrics I needed while it was still on sale.  Unfortunately, I did leave lots and lots of those wonder 40% off coupons on the table.  Everything I needed was already on sale, so I couldn't use any of them!

I managed to get Miss Noni's PICC cover finished and delivered to her.  I made her two and gave her the prototype to use for her dolls!  The both had her name and a butterfly embroidered on them.  I really hope they fit ok and do the trick.  But I did manage to forget to take any pictures of them.  So, if I ever have to make another, I will have to start from scratch...since I forgot to even get the finished measurements!    Oh well!

Today is the beginning of another wonderful week here in the Morris Household!  Hope you have a great week.

Nini

No comments: