CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 4, 2009

Ariel, who was your tailor?

Well, to continue on the dress woes...

I found some yummy seafoam fabric for Ariel's dress. I've spent hours and hours researching the way the dress looks in the parks. I've seen several different sun dresses made in that 'style'. I've seen with my mind's eye exactly what I want.

Last night I spent 3 hours drafting a pattern for the peplum. Only to find that the yummy fabric I picked out for the peplum won't hold its shape...too thin and sheer to even add an interfacing or lining. Back to the drawing board.

Then I go with a peplum more in line with what is on Cindy's dress...still not quite what I'm looking for..now if only I had a model that would stay up all night with me and not mind having the pins inserted into her body...(see you have to have the skirt ready before you can attach to the bodice, so to see how it drapes you have to pin it in...er on the model!) For some reason Miss B thinks that might hurt! However it does look kinda cute hanging on my lampshade!

OK...back to sewing...I only have 14 days left to finish 3 princess dresses...got to remember to make one for the doll!

Nini

No comments: