CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Another Disney Project?

OK...I have 8 and a half days until we leave...5 doll dresses and three t shirts to finish. So what do I do? I come up with another project of course!! We always get the autographs of the characters and they just sit there in that stupid book. We never look at them again, and we generally loose them after a few years. (sad I know) I thought about making one of those nice home made autograph books, but was afraid it would suffer the same fate! I had a small flash of brilliance. Very small. I'm going to make an autograph quilt. I first saw this idea on the Dis Boards a few months ago and quickly forgot about it. After an hour of searching, I found the original post, and have now firmed up my plans. I'm getting 4 or 5 different tone on tone white prints. (I figure I will need about 2 yards per kid) I will cut 8 or 10 inch squares and iron them to freezer paper to stabilize them. Get some fabric markers and have the characters sign them. After we get home, I'll take the freezer paper off, trim to my final size plus seam allowance, and make a quilt. For the girls I think I might use some of the scraps from their dresses. For the boys, maybe a cute Cars fabric thrown in. At this point, the possibilities are endless. I figure I can do the prep work in just a few hours. A good iron and a new sharp rotary cutting blade should make this part go fast. I'll just pop all the fabrics into a plastic zip loc bag (and have another one for the ones that are signed) and maybe find a small clipboard to aid in the signing. I'm actually getting excited about this little project! Nini

No comments: