CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Gremlins

If I remember correctly, gremlins got their start back in WW something...can't remember if it was I or II. How pathetic is that! Anyway, Gremlins were reported by Air force pilots as explanations as to things that went a little crazy for no explanation. I always thought it was silly to blame those poor little gremlins for your own mistakes!

I have since changed my mind!

I was attempting to take advantage of not having The Princess today, and the fact that Miss B is visiting with her sister this weekend, and Mr D was watching Disney tv undisturbed. I had those two princess dresses to work on.

Started out by not being able to find the right pattern. So, I went downstairs and reprinted it. Cut it out and went back upstairs to start sewing...only the missing pattern was sitting right where I was looking not 10 minutes before. Strange...

Then I was ready to start. But the fabric was missing...so I tear up my fabric pile, only to discover it is sitting right where it was supposed to be...strange again.

Now, where did my scissors go? Looked everywhere...finally decided to use my paper scissors. Not easy to cut this thick fabric with them, but it is workable. After I finished cutting out all the pieces for both dresses, I discovered the scissors are now sitting exactly where they are supposed to be. How did that happen?

Now my attention turned to the sewing machine. I ran out of thread...now how on earth did THAT happen? I had just bought a new spool when I bought the fabric. It's not like I had a spool of seafoam green laying around. I have NEVER sewn anything in that color before...I guess it is time for a trip to WalMart to see if they have the thread I need...when I go to turn off the sewing machine...there is a full spool of seafoam green sitting behind my sewing machine. Now what is going on here?

Is there another, rational explanation, other than gremlins? Things just do not disappear and reappear on their own. It is against the laws of physics and common sense. Gremlins is the only possible explanation. The only question is, where have they been hiding out all these years?
I actually managed to get the dresses finished, without too many more visits from the gremlins, but I now know they are real. And they live in my sewing room.

No comments: