CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Weather, Weather Everywhere

Well, today has been a wild weather day! Started last night with a tornado touching down in Atlanta. As rare as that is, another one touched down today!

We had a tornado warning at 6:55 this morning, resulting in all 4 of us running down to the basement only to discover that by the time we got there the warning was over! With all the warnings and watches today, we have had no more severe weather since this morning. All around us was having hail and wind damage, but nothing here. Barely a sprinkle!

Shawn and Tasha had a lot of hail at their house, as did Korey and Amanda. But the worst damage was at my nephew's house in Social Circle. He has holes in siding, holes in the roof, and he said his car looked like a pin cushion!

But everyone was safe, and that is what really counts!

Last night, I spent the evening working on Shawn and Tasha's quilt. I thought I was wanting to do feathers, but after I got the first feather done, I realized I needed a lot more practice before I could be happy with the results, so I switched to a heart panto. I really like the results and now I need to put the binding on and that will be one Christmas present down.

(of course, i still have to put the binding on the quilt I made for Michael)

Brianna is working on her second quilt. It is using the hand dyed fabric from Sharon Schamberg. I was concerned about the actual cutting, so we tore the fabric into long 3 inch strips. It is a strip pieced quilt in every sense of the word!

No comments: