CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 21, 2008

Almost Done

Last night was a good quilting night! On Wednesday night I finished putting the binding on Shawn and Tasha's quilt, and I rather like the way it turned out! Made me decide to give it as an Easter gift. So now I have to finish Amanda and Korey's quilt. I loaded it yesterday afternoon, and started... while the stitches look good as far as stitch quality goes, I wish I had tried something a bit more challenging on it. The very simple heart panto is pretty, but I'm tired of it. It is the same one I used for Shawn and Tasha's quilt.

I did run into a bit of a problem, though. S&T's quilt was a king size and I had no problem fitting it into my machine... but, A&K's quilt is only a double and it does not want to fit! I guess the batting is a bit 'fluffier' so it doesn't fit as well! Ran out of 'height'... was not expecting that! I guess that is another reason to want a bigger machine!

Rex did ask me last night when that quilt thing was in Kansas City... unfortunately, I believe it will be out of the question, since Alyssa will be having her surgery in May, but nice of him to think about it, it means he is starting to take me seriously. Now if only I could take myself a bit more seriously!!!

My machine and I are getting a bit more comfortable together, and I am finding things I can do to tweak her a bit here and there. Maybe I should think about giving he a name...

No comments: