CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Practice, Practice, Practice!

I have spent the beter part of today practicing feathers on paper. So far they are looking pretty good. I am going to spend this evening watching Sharon Schamber's videos on how she makes her feathers again, and then get back to paper. My plan is to work on paper for the remainder of the week, and then work on some muslin this weekend. Hopefully, feathers will be flying from my studio this weekend!

So far, my only problem is trying to figure out how to translate my paper feathers to the machine. I KNOW my feathers will not be as small and neat on the machine, but I am not sure how they will actually space out... not that I'm making much since...

I'm thinking of asking online for advice on those people that make those gorgeous feathers all the time. They always have such good advice!

I really would like to make a Christmas quilt for ME that has some feathers on it. If I get started on it by July, I know I will have it bound and ready for use by the holidays! (I'm a little slow sometimes!) My only fear is that on a print fabric, I can't see the feathers well enough to know if I am doing it right or not until I am finished.

Well, back to the practice paper... feathers, here I come!

No comments: