CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 17, 2009

That's the way it goes!

OK...I ordered a ruffler foot through a site that will remain nameless (for reasons to become apparent soon). I ordered it on Monday morning. I went to the afore mentioned website, put my brand and model number into the search engine and what type of foot I was looking for...and Voila! It told me which part I needed and at a great price! Even with shipping, it would be 10 or so less than I can get it locally.

When I ordered it, I had to put the brand and model number in again, as well as the shank type (high, low, slant, or snap on). And once again, on the last page, it asked for the same information AGAIN! On my receipt, it had listed the part number, the brand and model number, and what type shank type. OK, there should be no problems, right?

Before I ordered, I checked out the delivery time (yes, I am very impatient!). They are in California. There charts showed me, if I ordered before 2 pm local time it would be shipped same day, and I should expect it in 3 to 4 business days. I said great! I will give them 5 days and expect it the following Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

I ordered before 7AM my time, 4AM their time on Monday. I got my receipt at 7:30 am my time. No reason to think there was a problem...right?

Fast forward to the following Monday morning. At this point I am anxiously awaiting the mail lady's arrival in a few hours! I check my email...and what do I see? A shipment notification! My order was shipped that day...a WEEK after I ordered it!!!? (I guess same day did not mean THAT same day, but the same day of the FOLLOWING week!) Although they did include a handy dandy tracking thingy through USPS.

After checking out that handy dandy tracking thingy through USPS, I discovered that the shipping INFO had been received through USPS...not the actual PACKAGE!

Thursday morning, I decided I had waited long enough and HAD to get these two stripwork jumpers finished. I have MILES of ruffles to do on them. I took needle and thread and tons of pins with me to one of D's therapy sessions and HAND gathered the ruffles and pinned them on.

I get home from therapy and guess what is in my mailbox? That's right! My ruffler foot! I am beyond excited...until I open and discover they did not send me the right one! I ordered a snap on foot...they sent me a low shank screw on foot! URGH!!!!

As I sat trying to decide what to do next, I remembered...most snap on foots have an extension that is screwed on to accept the snap on feet. I ran up to the studio to check it out. Yup! I can unscrew the snap on attachment and make the screw on foot work! I am a happy Momma again!

Now...if I can just get some time to play with that new fangled attachment and see how to make it work...I'll be making some great ruffles!

Nini

No comments: